Level 4 Coach – Eastbourne Sports Park LPDC & Club programme
- Min. Qualification: Level 4
- Location: Eastbourne (Sussex)
- Min. Accreditation: Accredited+
- Job Type: Full Time
- Pay: Contact Employer
- Employer: Tennis Eastbourne
Our LPDC squad said they would like a coach who is fun, hardworking, a role model, encouraging, lots of energy, friendly, honest, firm but fair & a good player.
The primary aim of the role is continuing the high standards of on-court delivery of the LPDC programme working closely with the Director of Tennis, the coaching team, Tennis Sussex and the LTA pathway team.
The successful candidate will be excited about coaching mini tennis and have a proven track record of working with and developing mini tennis players to a minimum of county standard, preferably Regional.
You will be a current Level 4 coach or booked on to your Level 4 coaching qualification.
The role is a full time role (25-30 hrs per week) and salary is competitive and subject to experience.
The work will include a mixture of squads, mini performance camps and individuals. With key players, there is an expectation that you will provide pathway support, goals, tournament plans and tournament visits.
With talent attraction being key to LPDC, the successful candidate will help with the club’s existing large schools programme, fun days and community groups.
Within the LPDC role, the successful candidate will work closely with the team to help deliver an appropriate strength and conditioning programme that is delivered during squad sessions.
Alongside the LPDC role, the successful candidate will also help with delivery of the clubs large and varied programme. The programme includes:
- The club programme; mini, junior (players 4-18).
- LTA initiatives in the programme, Cardio tennis, Tennis Xpress and Tennis for Kids
- Adult coaching over 65’s
- Mini Tennis Teams – Tennis Sussex mini leagues
- Team Tennis – Mini
- Setting up friendly matches against other LPDC clubs
- Termly reports for players
This role can offer excellent opportunities to progress.
Overview of venue
The sports park has 3 indoor tennis courts, which guarantees play all year round.
The coaching team consists of 4 LTA Accredited+ Coaches, level 1 & 2 Assistant Coaches and Tennis Leaders.
Players in LPDC mini groups:
- Red, 10
- Orange, 6
- Green, 4
- Over 30 players on the programme involved with county training
Tennis Eastbourne also runs camps to other tennis venues with links to Team Bath.
- Loves being a tennis coach
- Excited and knowledgeable about tennis, coaching and making a difference
- A sunny personality with a sense of humor
- Ability to forge good close working relationships within team
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Positive and open-minded
- Happy to take responsibility for own actions
- Is a do-er not talker
- Always wanting to improve self and others
- Embraces challenges
- Enjoys and understands working with both children and adults
- Faces the challenges of working with parents
- Ability to run appropriate sessions, with the right balance of focus and fun
- Understand the LTA 10year Performance Strategy and player pathways within this
- Up-to-date, extensive knowledge of performance tennis especially LPDC
- Commitment to coaching at Mini Tennis performance level including tournament support
- Track record of working with high level Mini Tennis players and providing goal setting
- Drive to continue to develop players moving from 10&U through to 11&U and beyond
- Computer literate – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and social media
- Ability to work irregular and unsocial hours including evenings, Sundays, holidays and Bank Holidays but with work-life balance in mind.
In return, you will get a great fun place to work that appreciates you!
How to apply
If you would love to join us and think you are the right fit, please send your CV and covering letter to Francesca Scollo email@example.com. If you wish to discuss the role, please call Francesca on 07850327695
Applications close on December 21st.