Dear Team Captains
Following the announcement that England will return to a system of tiered restrictions effective from Wednesday 2 December once the current lockdown period ends, we are pleased to advise that the Tennis Sussex National Winter League can therefore resume .
However, please be aware The LTA have published a new summary grid detailing what tennis activity including competition can take place under each of the three tiers of restrictions, providing information for outdoor tennis, indoor tennis and travel.
COMPETITION SUMMARY FOR SUSSEX
- Junior competitions can continue for players 17 years & under both indoors and outdoors whilst we are in Tier 2 (with exemptions to permit travel between areas).
- Outdoor competitions for adults (18 years & older) is possible, however the Government’s guidance to avoid travel in or out of Tier 3 (Very High) areas does apply. We would therefore actively discourage Teams asking any Adult players living in a Tier 3 area to compete for your club at this present time.
- Indoor singles and doubles competitions for adults (18 years & older) – Singles may be played indoors/bubble but any doubles aspect cannot take place indoors/Bubble and must resume on an outside court.
In addition we would like to confirm the following:
Junior Players travelling into/out of an area for tennis activity
- Please note, the Government have confirmed, that there is an exemption for tennis activity for under 18s. It is deemed safe and appropriate for activity for these groups to continue indoors in Tier 2 (Sussex) as long as it is done in line with the LTA’s COVID-19 Secure guidelines for players, & venues.
- These exemptions also apply to travel guidelines for Tier 3, so these groups (plus parents/guardians) can travel into Sussex from a Tier 3 areas for tennis activity where this is necessary to facilitate participation.
We appreciate this is once again a lot of information for you to take in, ultimately, players and parents and Team Captains need to take individual responsibility for their actions to stay within the guidance and the law.
If you have any questions in relation to the above, please visit www.lta.org.uk/coronavirus or email us.
On a more general note, I am still receiving e mails from Team Captains advising they cannot see their opposition Captains Members login. Please note to see these details you will need to login with your Clubs username and password via the admin login, if you are using these details to login via the LTA members login you will only see limited details. Equally if you use your own username and password the same result will occur.
Finally, for those matches that were impacted by the lockdown, please can we ask the home team to make contact with the opposition to agree a new date.